Hello everyone!! I hope you all are staying safe and healthy!
My school announced that we’ll be having an extended spring break, then at least two weeks of online classes after that. And because my lil type 6 self simply WILL NOT REST until I have made a list of and categorized EVERYTHING, I IMMEDIATELY began making my “Social Distancing Bucket List,” and I figured I would share it! Here are 25 things to do now that you always said you’d do when you have time and that you now have time for:
- Put your phone away. There is SO MUCH news about what is going on, and the more I scroll, the more stressed I get. I’ve limited myself to once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening, and it’s helped a lot.
- Find your new favorite book. There are SO MANY good books out there to read! If you need some recommendations, here are my top reads of 2019. Alternatively, I’m holding an Anne of Green Gables Readalong and it’d be the perfect time to hop on!
- Write happy mail! It can be a letter, or a bookmark, or an art piece, or anything really. On my instagram the other day, I asked for people who wanted some happy mail, and I’m going to be sending it out soon! (and if you want in on the happy mail, go comment on that post!!)
- Start a garden. Although it might not be warm enough yet to have plants outside, it’s the perfect time to start seedlings indoors! When I was younger, I loved gardening and I want to get back into it! The ones I suggest are tomato, potato, pumpkin, and peas.
- Clean out your phone! How many apps do you have that you haven’t used and are taking up space? Delete them from your phone!
- Deep clean your house/room/apartment. If you’re anything like me, you’ve let some things slip during the semester. Even just deep cleaning one area will make that space so much more welcoming to live in for 3 weeks 😅
- Prewrite some blogposts! Stock up on some blogposts that you can just pull out and post on a busy week. They are so helpful and really a life changer!
- Update/refresh your playlists! I don’t know about y’all, but my spotify platlists are kind of a mess. (just me? okay) Go through your playlists, take out songs that you don’t want to listen to anymore, and add new ones in!
- Go through your camera roll! Raise your hand if you’re a photo hoarder. 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️ I always have 50 million photos in my phone, and I need to just go through and delete about 40 million of them 😂😅
- Go on a picnic. Social distancing doesn’t mean you have to stay inside all the time, and this weather is too gorgeous to pass up! Grab a sibling or a “safe” friend, and go on a picnic!
- Purge your closet. It’s almost time to switch out your winter clothes with your summer clothes, and what better time to also get rid of all the clothes that you haven’t been wearing?
- Catch up on your school work. I knowwwww. It’s technically spring break!! I have some notes that I need to finish transcribing and some study guides I didn’t get to finish up before school ended, so I’ll be doing that with my time!
- Start a notebook! The start of a new notebook is always incredibly cathartic for me, and gets me more productive and more creative. I started a notebook for this break, and it’s the best thing ever.
- Check up on your friends. Everyone’s going through this together, so reach out! See how they’re doing or if they need anything, and just virtually hang out!
- Watch that show that you’ve been meaning to watch. We all have that one show: why not do it now?
- Spend more time with God. Take some focused time away from the world and just be with God. It’s been a while since I had in-depth one-on-one time with God, and this is the perfect time to do it.
- Find a new podcast. There is so much wisdom that people share in podcasts, and I’m always on the hunt for new ones (please comment your favorites!). My new favorite right now is The Kate and Abbie Show about creativity, healthy living, and writing.
- Workout at home! Although gyms are closed, your living room floor is not! Pull up a workout video on YouTube and get your blood pumping!
- Clean up your social media feeds! Go through your feed and clean out the stuff you don’t want to see anymore! Here’s a post I did about cleaning up your social media.
- Try out a new recipe! Although grocery stores are empty, make something with the food you already have in your house. Cinnamon rolls are a fun one that don’t require a ton of supplies!
- Have a spa night! Light a candle, put on a face mask, and just enjoy yourself for an evening. Relax, listen to some music, and just chill.
- Redecorate your room. If you’re going to be in it all the time, you might as well make some use out of the time. I haven’t redecorated my room in a while, and I have lots of ideas that I could implement!
- Find a new phone game to play. This is where I pull out my Best Fiends sponsorship (LOL JKJK 😂😂😂). But for real though, finding a game you really like can be pretty hard, and now is the perfect time to do it! My new favorite right now is Animal Kitchen, which is super cute and super fun!
- Learn something new! A language, or a creative skill, or a new art form, or an instrument. Think of something you’ve wanted to learn forever but never had the time to, and learn it!
- Just relax!! There is NO RULE out there that says you need to be hustlin’ while you’re on coronavirus break. Just chill out and enjoy your free time!
If you’re looking for some more posts to read, check out:
this post from Erin that’s a similar concept but more relaxing
my friend MacKenzie’s top 10 list
this one I wrote several years ago that’s a funny version of this post
How are you holding up? Are you on social distancing, or do you still have to work? What is your college doing? What have you been doing over this break? What podcasts do you like? Leave me a comment about ALL THE THINGS!