Hey everyone!! Happy Valentine’s Day!! Today, we’re celebrating the Release Day of Jaye Elliot’s new book, No Chance Meeting!! There will be a book spotlight, and then my review, and at the very end there will be a giveaway!!
About the Book-
Alex Jennings is done with life. After losing her brother in Afghanistan, everything has collapsed around her. Getting laid off from her day job and failing in her art career, she has nowhere left to turn. She once had faith to believe that all things would work together for good, but that faith died with her brother. Now she just wants the pain to end.
Riley Conrad served thirteen years in the military until three bullets sent him home. After a year and a half of physical therapy and scraping together a living, all he wants is to live a simple life and perhaps even open the coffee shop he dreams about. However, the weight of failing his parents’ expectations doesn’t make it easy, and working as a bartender isn’t getting him anywhere fast.
Could a “chance” meeting between Alex and Riley set them both on the path God always intended?
Available now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, and more!
20% of all February sales will go to the Mighty Oaks Warrior Programs.
This was a really adorable book! I haven’t read anything by Jaye, although I’ve heard lots of good things about her fantasy series, so when I saw No Chance Meeting, her first contemporary, I was super excited to read it and check it out!
This book was very sweet!! I loved Alex and Riley: they are absolutely meant for each other, and I LOOOOOOOOVED reading their story. The side characters are also amazing–Zach and Mindy, the parents, Luke–each of them was distinct and brought their story to life.
Obviously Alex and Riley were the focus of the book, and since it was narrated from Alex’s point of view most of the time, it was more Alex heavy (which was sad: I really enjoyed the parts from Riley’s POV and wanted more!!). The relationship was a perfect representation of what a good, godly relationship should be like. I especially enjoyed the author’s careful writing of really important truths (tw: suicide, depression/anxiety) and worldviews into the book, especially regarding the building of a relationship.
I really liked the daily routine storytelling fashion, and how it wasn’t really dramatic or fast paced: it was really slow (but in a good way!) pretty much all through the book, and detailed how Alex and Riley fell in love. However with that, there wasn’t a significant amount of plot, and readers that like a fast paced plot might be a little disappointed.
With that, however, it was pretty obvious that this was the author’s first book of the sort (though to be completely fair I haven’t read any of her other books, so I couldn’t compare them). There were several plot bunnies, and the writing style wasn’t as smooth as it could have been. In addition, I pretty much called all the big scenes in the book well before they happened, so that was a little bit disappointing. (Also, this is a personal complaint, but Alex cried A LOT. To the point where it was a little bit mundane to read. I understand she was Going Through It, but stILL. It was a little bit much)
Overall? It was a really sweet and adorable book! I enjoyed reading it a lot, and it was exactly the type of soft, fluffy romance that makes your heart melt <3. I stayed up late reading, and I haven’t done that in a long time.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion; I was not required to write a positive review.
About the Author-
Jaye Elliot is an award-winning author, country girl, and hopeless romantic at heart. She loves a good hero and will always sigh happily during the lights scene in Tangled. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, which she shares with three cats she considers her kids. When not writing romance novels, she pens fantasy and adventure stories as Jaye L. Knight.
To celebrate the release of No Chance Meeting, Jaye is giving away a reader bundle that includes a signed copy of No Chance Meeting, a hand-painted watercolor bookmark, a coffee mug, and a bag of Dove chocolates! Enter using the form below. U.S. entries only. Not open internationally.
For her second giveaway, Jaye is offering 3 e-book copies of No Chance Meeting. Open internationally!
- Friday, February 14: Tour Intro at Jaye Elliot || Spotlight at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections || Review & Author Post at Reading Anyone || Review at Losing the Busyness
- Saturday, February 15: Author Interview at Angela R. Watts || Review & Author Interview at Resting Life || Author Post & Excerpt at Lady Grace: A Quiet and Gentle Spirit
- Sunday, February 16: Review at Perfectly Quirky in Every Way ||Spotlight at The Music of a Story
- Monday, February 17: Author Post at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke || Review at Write Hard and Pray Harder || Author Post & Excerpt at A Day In The Life
- Tuesday, February 18: Review at Tricia Mingerink || Excerpt at Waggin’ Tales Inspirational Pet Stories ||Review and Excerpt at Read Review Rejoice
- Wednesday, February 19: Review at Green Tea With Books || Review & Author Post at Leah’s Bookshelf || Book Spotlight at The Page Dreamer
- Thursday, February 20: Review at Stories by Firefly || Review & Author Post at God’s Peculiar Treasure Rae || Author Interview & Post at Read Review Rejoice
- Friday, February 21: Review at Books, Life, and Christ || Author Post at Backing Books || Review at Poetree
- Saturday, February 22: Tour Wrap Up at Jaye Elliot
Thank you so much for being part of the tour!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for having me!! Congratulations!!