Hey everyone! Happy Blogmas Day 11! Today’s post is one I like to do at the end of every year, where I look back at my life and thank the people that made the year what it was. I really highly recommend doing this: it really helps me be thankful of the people I have in my life, and makes me that much more grateful for the life that I have!
For 2019, I’m thankful for:
- my mom and dad, obviously, for supporting me and guiding me through this next season of my life
- my brothers, D+P, for finally starting to understand humor and jokes and memes and becoming friends this year
- “Grandma” and “Grandpa” B and “Aunt” L, for always having my back spiritually, of course!
- my cousin, SM, for hanging out with me this year: we actually became friends this year and I’m super happy about that!
- my boyfriend, MF, for showing me unconditional love, for all of the amazing dates we had and cuddles we did. You’re my favorite person in the whole world, and I will never forget you. I love you so much!
- RF and AS, for all the fun hangs this year. I can’t believe it’s taken us so many years to actually become friends. Both of you are going to go so far in life, and the battles you faced this year will make you that much stronger in the future!
- MM, for being such a good friend despite the distance and the busyness; you still connect with me and think about me and point me back to God
- OS, for being a great roommate, and for all the adventures we shared this year. We are definitely not a typical roommate pair, and I would not have it any other way!
- MM and KS, for still being friends, even through we haven’t hung out as much this year. I know I can send you both a text and you will support me and understand and listen.
- CF, for being both my friend from home and also at school, giving me support always
- NH, NSD, SK, AS, AB, MS, RW, ES, AY, BS, and DB, my college friends, for being with me through the stress, the good days, and the bad.
- EC, for being my chemistry buddy and for understanding The Struggle
- my Gemstone team and mentor, for always expanding my mind and challenging my research. I’m looking forwards to the next two years!
- TL and JL, for giving me an outlet for playing music in college, even though I am nowhere near the caliber of collegiate playing
- ER, YR, EG, CS, and MC, my Delight girls, who constantly remind me to stay close to God, even when life is hard and it feels like he’s not there
- my online friends, especially for Abby, Hailey, Grace Anne, Charley, and Olivia, for encouraging me, supporting me, and always being there for me. You all are the best!
- CS, KG, YT, VM, AM, KC, NW, HN, AZ, and others, my church friends, for always saying hi to me and encouraging me to grow closer to God
- and God of course, for always being besides me no matter where I am in life and what I do
Who are YOU thankful for this season? Who has poured into you in 2019? Don’t comment if you don’t want to, but I really encourage you to think about who’s been important in your life from year to year!